One of the important pages on every website is a contact page. Whether you have a personal blog, commercial website or company website, contact form allows your reader to get in touch with you, either to say hi, ask about something related to the site or even to report some problems with your site.
Most free WordPress themes from the WordPress theme repository do not come with contact form template. However, it’s very easy to add contact form to your WordPress site.
Currently, they are many plugins, both free and premium, to add a contact form to your site.
In this quick tutorial, I’m going to show you how to add a contact form to your site using Contact Form 7 plugin. This plugin has been downloaded more than 10 million times and one of the top five in most downloaded WordPress plugins.
Add Contact Form Using Contact Form 7 Plugin
1. First of all, you need to install and activate Contact Form 7 plugin.
2. Once you’ve activated the plugin, you will see a new Menu for the contact form on your dashboard. Click on Add New button to create a new form. Everything in the template builder is self-explanatory.
3. Once you have done building the template, save it.
4. To embed to contact form to a WordPress page, create a new page. Give it a title page, for example, ‘Contact’.
5. Copy the shortcode generated by the Contact Form 7 plugin, and paste it in the ‘Contact’ page you have created previously.
6. Here’s the final result:
Contact Form 7 is a free plugin, therefore you should expect that it has very limited features. Another good alternative to Contact Form 7 is Ninja Forms plugin, and it’s also available for free from the WordPress Plugin Repo. However, if you’re looking for a contact form with more advanced features, check out Gravity Forms and Formidable Pro plugins.