I believe most of you who use a smartphone have the Instagram app installed on your phone. If you do have a blog, you probably want to showcase your Instagram pictures to your readers.
In this article, I’ll show you few ways to do so.
Instagram Embed Code
Recently, the Instagram team just introduced a feature that allows you to simply embed any Instagram picture on your post or page. This makes it a lot easier. To embed an Instagram picture, simply copy and paste the embed code on any post or page. This embed code should work on text widget too.
Webstagram is a free service that allows you to embed any Instagram feed on your site. They provide lots of free tools for Instagram users such as Instagram Gallery, Statistics, and more. To embed an Instagram feed from any account, we’ll use the Instagram Gallery tool to generate an embed code. Then simply paste the code on your post, page or sidebar.
Plugin: Simply Instagram
Well, if you noticed, both of the methods above are not using WordPress plugin. If you’re looking for a WordPress plugin to embed Instagram pictures in WordPress, Simply Instagram is one of the best plugin available and yes, it’s free.
Simply Instagram is a robust plugin and offers lots of features. These are some of the features (taken from the plugin’s page):
- Custom slideshow theme.
- Personalize media viewer.
- Option to use prettyPhoto or built-in media viewer.
- Option to display photos statistics, caption, and photographer.
- Flexible admin settings.
- Shortcode generator.
- User-defined autoplay slideshow.
- Supports shortcode integration.
- Custom images display.
- Option to display trending photos on Instagram, your current uploads, latest feed, like photos, followers and following.
- Option to display your profile in the widget.
- Follow @username function which allows your visitor to follow you in instant.
- Option to display photo caption when using prettyPhoto slideshow. A major drawback for Simply Instagram earlier version is prettyPhoto inability to handle long photo caption.
- User-defined animation speed when using slideshow.
The plugin comes with four different widgets:
- Simply Instagram: Currently the Popular widget
- Simply Instagram: Latest Feed Widget
- Simply Instagram: Recent Media Widget
- Simply Instagram: User Info Widget
Furthermore, it comes with shortcode generate to generate shortcodes in case you want to embed your feed on any post or page.
If you’re looking for a more simpler plugin and fewer features, I’d recommend Instagram for WordPress plugin which has been downloaded more than 100k times. It provides a widget to show latest Instagram pictures and a shortcode to embed any single image to post and page.
Out of three methods above, I prefer on using the WordPress plugin as it gives me more flexibility and control of the output.
Leave a Reply