Sometimes you need to move your WordPress website to a new hosting or just need to duplicate it.
Most users think this task is for experts only, but actually its very easy and with 5 simple steps anyone can do it.
- Make sure you buy (or already own) a new wordpress hosting. it can be any regular apache / php hosting, like those from Bluehost or Godaddy. It can also be a dedicated wordpress hosting like the one WPENGINE run.
- Create a new mysql database on your cpanel (on the new hosting server) . write your self the details of the new database. You will need it soon.
- On the existing website, install this amazing duplicator plugin. https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ – its free and it works just fine. create a new package from your website. download the created package and the installer.php and upload them both to the desired place in the new hosting server.
- go to your new domain and add /installer.php – run the package as it will install the existing website in your new place.
- enter the new database details where needed. and your done!
Very easy, no tech guy needed.
I am here if you need any help.